National Boiler Service – Experienced Quality Assurance
Clearly defined quality control procedures are the fundamentals of National Boiler Service’s quality control and assurance program.
From the initial project planning to boiler equipment removal and replacement, NBS works tirelessly to ensure quality service that is in compliance with the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and National Board Inspection Code (NBIC) standards.
Code stamps we maintain to provide you with all your fabrication and repair needs:
- NBIC R - Boiler & pressure vessel repair
- ASME U - Manufacture pressure vessels
- ASME S - Manufacture and assemble power boilers
- National Board authorized to register boilers & pressure vessels
Quality Control Planning
On every project, NBS utilizes experienced, qualified QC inspectors with high levels of technical ability & training. Our commitment to careful coordination and resource management ensures efficient planning & execution to prevent quality control issues.
Our quality control planning process also provides ample opportunities to reduce costs in relation to equipment, personnel, materials, and tooling.
Quality control planning procedures include:
- NBS project managers and field supervision closely tracking project tasks to provide up-to-the-minute reports on progress and cost.
- Employing qualified inspectors and certified welders to maintain ASME and NBIC compliance.
- Utilizing an experienced quality control manager on every job.
- Coordination with all subcontractors to ensure efficient project planning and execution.
Generating Bank Data Collection System
At NBS, we employ the state-of-the-art Generating Bank Data Collection System (GenBank DCS) to capture and process accurate measurements of the drums, tube thicknesses, and completed roll percentages.
Using this proprietary, wireless Gen Bank Data Collection System, we can electronically measure tube sheet holes for wall reduction percentages and reduce manual entry time.
Quality Control Training
Most of our Quality Control Inspectors and several management personnel come from a welding background and have completed our detailed QC training program.
Our Quality Control Training includes:
- Visual Examination
- Weld Inspection Technology
- Level 2 PT Certification
- NBIC and ASME Code Requirement Training
- Document Control
- Liquid Penetrant Testing
The NBS corporate office maintains up-to-date welder certifications using an electronic Welder Management System. All welder certifications and continuity are backed up with a hard copy on file.
We perform field and on-site welder testing with a Quality Control Inspector (QCI). The weld tests are recorded and logged along with the WPQ and welder continuity then sent back to the office in a QC job package.
Contact us or call (877) 360-0858 for more information on our quality control standards or to request a copy of our quality assurance literature.